+ Supervises the functioning of all Food and Beverage employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved
+ Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, in order to optimize the following:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene)
+ Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times
+ Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
+ Supervises an coordinates pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
- Local requirements
- Market needs
- Potential costs
- Availability of Food and Beverage products
- Merchandising and promotions.
+ Coordinates with the Finance Manager to determine the minimum and maximum Food and Beverage par stocks. Approves all wine purchases and other Food and Beverage items in accordance with Hotel quality and quantity standards
+ Conducts weekly Food and Beverage meetings relating to, but not limited to, the following:
- Overall Food and Beverage financial results and profitability
- Projected business
- Operations results and problems
- Changes in procedures
- New management policies
- Quality improvement
- Sales improvement
- Productivity improvement
+ Attends all other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
+ Keeps and up-to-date standard recipe file for all Food and Beverage items to include:
- Sales history
- Sales mix
- Actual costs
- Potential costs
- Par stock
- Production time
+ Implements a daily, weekly and monthly checklist for all Food and Beverage departments. Ensures proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency
+ Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in Food and Beverage preparation and service in the hotel and restaurant field through trade literature and actual visits
+ Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community
- Currently be F&B Manager in hospitality businesses and/or 4 and 5 stars of international standards hotels.
- At least 2 years in managment level, prefer at the same position.
- Fine dinning/upscale experience is prefered.
- Start up experience will be advantage.
- Strong banquet and catering is also considered as a plus.
- The academic qualifications of an associate or bachelor’s degree in hospitality. F&B Management degree will be a plus.
+ Personal qualifications
- Has solid communication skills and a great deal of initiative.
- Intimately understands his job and the jobs of those she supervises.
- Needs to be fit and energetic, as these positions often require long days - sometimes as long as 15 hours.
- Can at least communicate in multiple languages because of the high number of immigrants working in the F&B sector and customer fields. English is a must.
- Good Computer skill and presentation skill.
- Good in implementing a plan of action to push up sales of food & beverage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and entrepreneurial environment.
- Asian and Western experiences regarded.